A delicious and “comfy” recipe for your Easter spread! Thanks again, Rhodes, for being so versatile! Mmmmm…..I can just smell the dough rising now!
* You can purchase pre-made frosting if you wish.
* To make the crosses, place frosting in the corner of a Ziploc bag, twist the top, and cut the corner, you are all set.
Congratulations to : Sheila Sepulveda who has won the Rhodes Gift Box! Please e-mail me at JMNehrenz@me.com with your mailing information!
- 18 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- ¾ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- flour, if necessary
- 1⅓ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Combine rolls and press or roll to flatten.
- Combine sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Sprinkle flattened dough with ⅓ of the sugar mixture and ⅓ of the cranberries or raisins.
- Fold dough over on itself and flatten again.
- Repeat the sugar and cranberries process and fold over again.
- Repeat one more time.
- Knead the dough as necessary to completely incorporate the added ingredients.
- If dough becomes too sticky, sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Shape into a log and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until almost double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Mix ingredients for frosting and frost rolls.