Oh, how I have always loved my Grandma Ruth’s Stuffed Peppers- This is one of my hubby’s favorite meals too-He LOVES when I make these. There is no matching the smell of these baking through out the house.
*Scroll down to the bottom for allergy-friendly options (I wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on these!)
|Ground chuck, tomato soup, ketchup, bread crumbs, eggs, onion, water, milk, onion powder, parsley, rice,
salt and pepper
|Sauce: tomato soup, ketchup, onion powder, salt, pepper and water- set aside|
|Meat stuffing: ground chuck, bread crumbs, rice, chopped onion, eggs, parsley, milk and 2 Tbsp of the
tomato soup sauce
|Cut and core your peppers|
|Place them in a 9×13 pan. Grab a handful of meat stuffing and shape into a ball- place inside each pepper|
|Cover with the tomato sauce mixture|
|Cover with foil and bake in a 350 oven for 1 hour|
|Here you have a delicious Stuffed Pepper meal! YUUUmmmmm…|
(P.S. I love using red and green peppers during the Holiday Season!)
*Food Allergy Options: Instead of eggs use 1 Tbsp oil, instead of milk use rice milk, instead of bread crumbs use gluten free bread crumbs (or you can process a toasted gluten free waffle) Serve with additional rice and a salad!
Grandma’s Stuffed Peppers
- 4 peppers of your choice
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 large can of tomato soup
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup water
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ¾ cup cooked rice
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Sauce:In a medium bowl combine tomato soup, ketchup, water, onion powder, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Meat Stuffing: In a large bowl add ground chuck, bread crumbs, rice, eggs, onions, parsley, milk, and 2 Tbsp of the tomato sauce mixture.
- Cut peppers in half vertically and rid the insides of seeds and core.
- Place peppers in a 9×13 pan.
- Grab a handful of meat stuffing and shape into a ball and place inside of each pepper.
- Pour tomato sauce over top and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour.