Ohhh my yum! If you are looking for some good ole fashioned comfort food…Ladies, this is where it’s at! I am typically not a casserole lover, but my mind has changed after this one!
I love CCB, it’s been a favorite of mine since I was a child. This tastes just like it….but…it’s Comfy.
Place prepared rice at the bottom, layer with swiss cheese, pour on the creamy chicken sauce, then the chicken and ham.
For your crust combine panko with butter and bake!
Even my children loved this one….enjoy!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 (32 oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken from a pre-roasted chicken. You can used cubed as well.
- 2 cups diced ham- you can dice you own from a ham steak or purchase it diced.
- 2 cups of prepared rice
- 3 cups of freshly shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish
- In a pan, melt butter then add flour to make a paste
- Stir in broth and milk- let simmer
- Spread prepared rice in your 13x9 pan
- Spread swiss cheese over rice
- Pour thickened creamy chicken sauce over the cheese
- Sprinkle chicken and ham on top
- Season with salt and pepper as desired
- Microwave 2 Tbsp butter, add Panko and stir- Sprinkle on top
- Cover and bake 30 mins
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 mins