|Oh my sweet, sweet, friends…..THIS is THE cake to make! It is extremely moist, the crushed toffee gives it a sweet/savory taste, and there is an amazing mix of textures…YUMMY! This is one of my hubby’s favorites! (and my guilty pleasure too..shhh) I made this last night for my church ABF get-together and it was a hit.|
|A dark chocolate cake out of the oven (I used a Duncan Hines box mix), 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 6 Heath bars, 1 large container of whipped topping, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup.|
|When the cake is still warm, poke holes throughout…I just used a fork|
|Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over top the cake (I used a butter knife to evened it out over top-it will eventually saturate into the cake)|
|Crush Heath bars in a large Ziploc|
|Squeeze chocolate and caramel over top of cake and top with 3/4 of the crushed Heath bars.|
|Then, top carefully with your Cool-whip|
|Drizzle caramel and chocolate over top of that and sprinkle with remaining Heath bars.|
- 1 dark chocolate cake made to directions in a 13×9 pan
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (appx) of caramel syrup
- 1 cup (appx) of chocolate syrup
- 6 Heath bars (toffee bars) crushed
- 1 large tub of Cool-whip
- Make chocolate cake according to box directions.
- Let stand for about 5 mins then poke small holes throughout with a fork.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over top and even out with a butter knife.
- Drizzle ¾ cup each of chocolate and caramel syrup over top and add ¾ of the crushed toffee.
- Spread Cool-whip over top and drizzle again with remaining chocolate and caramel syrups and sprinkle with remaining crushed Heath.
|Might be one of the best things I have ever tasted…(oh, and I will tell on myself..this is the piece I had for breakfast..lol! it was small?)
I KNOW you are going to enjoy this one!
Dedicated to my husband, Geoff Nehrenz!