There are so many different ways to prepare Mac n Cheese…different cheeses, different methods of cooking, even different noodles! This is my family’s recipe…it is very simple, creamy, and oh so yummy! This dish is made at most of our family gatherings because it is easy to double. (I can bet it will be served as a side at Grandma’s this Christmas) Enjoy!
|Melt together butter, cream, milk, salt and pepper over med heat|
|Stir well until melted|
|In boiling water, add 2 cups of dry macaroni and cook until al dente (soft/firm- not mushy)|
|“Pam” a dish with high sides (DO NOT use a 9×13 pan)|
|Drain macaroni (Do not rinse!)|
|Add macaroni into pot with cheese sauce and stir (it will seem runny, but it thickens as it bakes)|
|Place uncovered in oven set at 350 and bake for 35-45 mins|
|AHhhhhhhh…..Comfort Food bliss!!
- 16 oz brick Velveeta Cheese
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups dry macaroni
- Melt butter with, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add Velveeta cheese, melt and stir together.
- Boil macaroni in water until al dente, drain and add noodles to cheese sauce in pot. Place all ingredients into a greased baking dish with high sides.
- Cook uncovered for 35-45 mins in a 350 oven.