Chances are, if you live in the US -you have had this delicious dessert. It is a staple at all my family get togethers. Let me tell you, there are NEVER leftovers of this! I have had many requests to make this on the Comfy blog…so here it is Ladies!!! The pretzel crust along with the cream cheese and strawberries offers a sweet and savory mixture that is SURE to please everyone in your family!
I made this for our bible study…but I knew I had to make a small extra one for my family or I would be in BIG trouble.
By the way- my recipe has a thicker pretzel crust than most…it’s better that way, oh yumm!!!
Make Jell-O with water according to package directions. Then, take off burner and add frozen strawberries. I do the Jell-O part first so that it is nice and cooled when I am ready to use it. The frozen strawberries help cool it down as well.
Crush your pretzels in a large Ziploc bag with a mallet
Add butter and sugar and stir with spoon. Bake in a prepared 9×13 pan for 7 mins in a 400 oven.
Beat cream cheese and sugar together with mixer
FOLD in cool-whip until well incorporated…this is IMPORTANT!
Line up all of your ingredients. Crust should be completely cooled (don’t cheat), Jell-O should be cooled (don’t cheat)
Spread cream cheese mixture onto your pretzel crust
Make sure to spread it evenly and all the way over to the edges!!! If you don’t your Jell-O will spill over and go under your crust.
Pour on the Jell-O /strawberry mixture. Place in refrigerator until well set.
A VERY special treat!
- 3 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar, plus ¾ cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 (3-ounce) packages strawberry gelatin dessert mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Make Jell-O with water per package instructions.
- Take off burner and add strawberries. Set aside to cool.
- For the crust, mix the pretzels, butter, and the 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Press pretzel mixture into a 9 by 13-inch pan and bake for 7 minutes.
- Set aside on wire rack to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar
- Fold whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
- Once crust and Jell-O is cool you are ready to put your salad together!
- On pretzel crust, spread cream cheese mixture evenly then pour Jello with strawberries on top
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until well set.