When I was visiting “The Taste of Hudson” a few weekends ago with friends, one of our friend’s Andy ordered these at the Hudson’s restaurant booth. He and my husband went crazy over them. I curiously looked at his “boat cup” filled with these things that I have never seen before and thought “These don’t seem so hard to make!” Hmmm…so here we are, a delicious 3 -ingredient recipe that will be perfect to serve your guests! Who would have thought it could be this easy!?
Start out with a package of bacon, a dozen jalapenos, and 1-2 bricks of cream cheese
Slice jalapeno in half length wise
Scoop out the inside and seeds with a serrated spoon (or something of the like) In this step you can choose how much heat you like in your jalps..the more seeds you leave in the hotter it will be, if you like a mild flavor than scoop out all seeds. I like to leave a few in.
Simply fill the Jalp with cream cheese to the top
Wrap bacon around and fasten with a party pick
- 12 Jalapenos
- 1-2 bricks of cream cheese (I used low-fat)
- 1 package of Bacon (I used center cut for less fat but full flavor)
- Slice jalapenos lengthwise
- Scoop out innards with a serrated spoon.
- Fill with cream cheese.
- Cut bacon slices in half, wrap around Jalp, fasten with a party pick.
- Place on a broiling pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 425 oven for appx 15 mins or until bacon is done to your liking.