When last minute company is heading over, what do you make? Snickerdoodles! When you are fresh out of chocolate chips and your teenage son’s friends come over to “hang out”, what do you make? Snickerdoodles! When it’s cold and rainy outside and you are in the mood to bake something simple with the kidos…what do you make? Snickerdoodles!
Ladies, this is my ALL-TIME favorite Snickerdoodle recipe. There is NOTHING that smells better than these cookies baking…many a candlemaker has tried to put this smell in a jar and sell it, but alas…the real thing is just unmatchable. The mixture of butter, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar is good enough to make anyone’s mouth water! YUMMmmm….
In a large bowl, add butter, sugar and brown sugar
Mix well with mixer
Wanna bite??? These are dense and buttery and ohh so good.
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened butter (not melted)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- Sugar and cinnamon for rolling (1 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon-mix)
- Preheat oven to 300
- Mix butter, and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl blend flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Place batter in refrigerator for 30 mins (this is the MOST important step)
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl for rolling
- Scoop dough by the Tablespoonfuls and shape into balls-roll in cinnamon and sugar
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 14-16 mins