Happy Friday Ladies!
We had such a beautiful link up last week- thank you to all who posted, tweeted and shared.
Here is a very beloved recipe from my Grandma Ruth- one of the delicious recipes offered in the FREE ebook “Comfy in the Kitchen on Thanksgiving”…. I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as my family has!
Grandma Ruth’s Homemade Noodles
- The Noodles:
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 2 cups flour plus more to desired consistency and for rolling
- Chicken broth:
- Small chicken cut up (legs, thighs, breast, wings)Throw away the bag of the insides.
- Water enough to cover chicken
- 2 tsp of chicken granules
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 onion cut in half
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl put in eggs and additional egg yolks and beat with a fork.
- Add salt and baking powder and water.
- Use fork and mix well again.
- Add one cup of flour at a time and mix with hands (take rings off your hands).
- Add flour slowly to form a ball. This will be sticky.
- Add more flour if you need to so that you can roll it out.
- Roll out on a floured surface using a floured rolling pin until medium-thin thickness.
- Sprinkle with flour on top and let dry for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, roll up dough into a cylendar shape..it will be long.
- Cut in half and slice noodles with a sharp knife/noodle cutter/pizza cutter.
- Lift up and the dough will fall into a noodle.
- To make the broth:
- Place chicken parts in a large stock pot and pour water enough to cover chicken.
- Skim the top to get fat foam off.
- Add chicken granules, carrots, celery, pepper, and onion for flavor .
- Boil chicken until tender..simmer on low for about 40 mins.
- Pull out chicken and put in dish.
- You may add chicken back into the pot or use it for another recipe.( Our family likes just the white meat).
- Bring chicken broth to a boil, drop the noodles into the boiling broth and let simmer for 20 mins.
Friday’s Top 3
Made By: Fearfully. Wonderfully
Made By: Sugar- Free Mom
Made By: Golden Reflections
It’s a Feasting in Fellowship LINK UP! Wohoo!!!! My favorite day of the week when I get to see what YOU have cookin! You are so awesome…did you know that? Anyways…please post as many recipes as you fancy, all I ask is that you put my button (located on my sidebar) on your post. I also LOVE it when you tweet/FB that you are participating in Feasting in Fellowship Friday! Thanks girls. Love to you, Janelle