Two of my close friends Katina and Shannon got together for a play date and were SO thoughtful to take photos of these ADORABLE Turkey Pops they made for their children for school!
Katina writes: Looking for an edible craft to make with the kids for Thanksgiving? Check out these fun Turkey Pops!
My sweet friend, Shannon, and I had a fun time putting these treats together for our children’s Thanksgiving party at school!
(I am printing this picture out for my fridge- not kidding)
What you will need: Lollipop sticks; Candy Corn; Small pretzel sticks; White Icing; Red Icing; Black Gel Icing; Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Drops (or you can substitute Whoppers or Junior Mints); and Double Stuff Oreos (make sure to get the Double Stuff so it holds everything together better)
Insert Lollipop stick, 5 candy corns, and 2 pretzel sticks into the Oreo crème.
Squirt a small amount of white icing onto the center of the Oreo.
Place a Hershey chocolate drop onto the top of the icing and press down gently.
Use the red icing to make the turkey’s snood (the red thing over the top of a turkey’s beak).
For the turkey’s nose, cut off the tip of a candy corn.
Place the tip of the candy corn on top of the red icing.
Place the turkey pops on a flat surface for the icing to harden. If you stand them up too early, the icing will drip down.
I bought a square piece of Styrofoam to stick the turkey pops in and painted it yellow.
- 25 Lollipop sticks
- Candy Corn
- Small pretzel sticks
- White Icing; Red Icing
- Black Gel Icing
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Drops (or you can substitute Whoppers or Junior Mints)
- Double Stuff Oreos (make sure to get the Double Stuff so it holds everything together better)
- Insert lollipop sticks into bottom of oreos
- Insert 2 pretzels on sides of oreos for legs
- Insert 5 candy corns on top of oreo in a rounded fashion for feathers
- Squirt small amount of white icing in center of oreo and place a Hershey drop there for face
- Squirt 2 small drops of white icing on top of Hershey drop for eyes
- Dab a small amount of black gel icing on top of the white icing
- Use the red icing to make the turkeys snood
- Cut the tip of a candy corn and place the white tip on top of the red icing for a nose
- Place pops on a flat surface until icing is hardened- do not stand them up yet!
- You can place these in a piece of styrofoam for a cute presentation!
Thank you so much Katina, Shannon and kidos! It looks like you had a GREAT time making these Turkey Pops…now many more mom’s and children can do the same this week thanks to your post! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!