(Photo Credit: Taste of Home)
Today the girls and I were invited to a play date. I woke up early to make quiche for my girlfriends then ran through a drive-thru to pick up a salad for myself (I am a bit of a black sheep at social events, lol!). But low and behold my sweet friend Kimmy made this delicious dessert that I COULD EAT (doing a little jig)!!!! I picked at my salad …then had 3 BOWLS of this heavenly stuff! I called it “Fruit Snow”and decided right there and then that I would be making this for Christmas so that I don’t feel left out when everyone has dessert…it is deeeelish! Hope this helps anyone else struggling with the urge to purge!
- 3 cups water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 6 medium bananas sliced
- 2 (11 oz) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple undrained
- 1 (12 fluid oz) can frozen orange concentrate thawed
- 1 (10 oz) jar maracshino cherries, drained and halved (can substitute seedless grapes)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- In a 4-qt. freezer container, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour sugar water over the fruit.
- Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.