Place semi-sweet morsels in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 60 seconds and stir, microwave an additional 60 seconds and stir until smooth.
Spread melted chocolate onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, place in refrigerator and let cool/harden. (appx 20 mins)
Unwrap candy canes and place in a large ziploc bag- crush with a mallet.
Crushed candy canes!
Melt white chocolate using the same method as you did with the semi-sweet chocolate. Stir in 1 cup of the crushed candy canes.
Spread white chocolate with crushed candy canes over the cooled semi-sweet chocolate
Sprinkle remaining crushed candy canes over top of white chocolate, place in refrigerator for 2 hours until well set, cooled and hardened.
Break into pieces (they will be uneven)
Mmmmmmm…..a beautiful and delicious winter treat!
I wrapped 3-4 pieces in baggies to take to my son’s school for the annual cookies trays we make for the staff.
*This recipe was featured on Women Living Well.
- 24 oz of white chocolate chips
- 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 boxes of candy canes
- In a microwave safe bowl melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave for 60 seconds, stir and repeat for an additional 60 seconds.
- Place parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet and spread melted chocolate over top.
- Place in refrigerator until set and hardened (appx 20 mins).
- Melt white chocolate chips the same way.
- Unwrap candy canes and place in a large Ziploc bag and crush with a mallet.
- Place 1 cup of crushed candy canes into the melted white chocolate.
- Pour white chocolate on top of hardened dark chocolate and sprinkle with the left over crushed candy cane.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours until well set and hardened.
- Take out and break into pieces. Enjoy!
Dedicated to my husband, Geoff Nehrenz