A few weeks ago my very dear friend, Julie gave me a bag of fresh pecans still in their shells. A family friend sends them each year to Julie’s parents-Her dad gave some to her with one request: “Give some of these to that friend Janelle of yours and if she happens to make something gooey, save a piece for me”. I was SO tickled! We all live on the same street, so it would be easy for me to walk down a little treat. So, one evening last week I broke some of these bad boys open and gave this recipe a whirl! Ohhh…did they look and smell SO good. Guess what? He got the entire batch-not just a piece….that is if those grandkids of his didn’t get to them first!
Pinch perforations together to seal and roll.
Place each pecan roll cut side down in an 8×8 pan. Bake at 375 for appx 15 mins until lightly golden.
When done, turn pecan rolls upside down and they will fall out of the pan with a caramel drizzle on top. Mmmmmm……
EASY Pecan Rolls with Warm Caramel
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 1 8 oz tube Pillsbury crescent rolls (Grands)
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup- pour into a buttered 8x8 glass pan.
- In another small bowl combine sugar, cinnamon and pecans
- Lay out crescent roll in a rectangle (you will see triangular seams)
- Pinch seams together and roll out into a workable rectangle
- Sprinkle with pecans, sugar and cinnamon
- Roll up into a long cylinder
- Slice into 10 rolls and place cut side down into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 375 oven for appx 15 mins or until golden brown.
- Turn upside down onto a plate and serve hot! YUM!