I use a Duncan Hines boxed cake mix and add pudding mix to make these cupcakes have a “from scratch” taste on a Mommy schedule. The Oreo that bakes into the cupcake becomes moist just like the cake…Mmmmm….
I love baking cups like these! Such flair they add…don’t you think? You can find these at Jo-Anns or your grocery store.
Boxed cake (and package ingredients) plus chocolate pudding mix, oreos, and white frosting.
Combine box cake mix, ingredients listed on the box and dry pudding.
Batter will be a thick consistency.
Spoon 1 Tbsp of batter into each cup
Smoosh an Oreo in each one like so..
Ready to bake!
Set aside 6 Oreos (if halving) or 12 Oreos if you want whole for the tops of cupcakes. I set aside 12….and 6 were left standing. There was a 3 year old in the corner licking the white centers out of the remaining 6….
Crush remaining Oreos by placing them in a large Ziploc and pounding with a mallet.
Add crushed Oreos into white frosting and mix well.
Done baking! (18 mins- remember, these are large cupcakes)
The center…Mmmmm…..now get a nice cold glass of milk and enjoy!
EASY Oreo Pudding Cupcakes
- 1 Devils Food Cake Duncan Hines Boxed Mix (with ingredients on box)
- 1 3oz chocolate pudding mix
- 1 large container of white frosting
- 1 package of Oreos
- 12 large baking cups
- Add boxed cake mix and ingredients per the box and pudding mix into a bowl and beat.
- Place 1 Tbsp of batter into each cup
- Add Oreo to the top of batter
- Cover Oreo with batter until cup is ¾ full
- Bake 350 for appx 18 mins or until done.
- Set aside 6-12 Oreos.
- Crush remaining Oreos and add them to a bowl with white frosting- beat together.
- When cupcakes are cool, frost and top with an Oreo
Please note- these are large cupcakes. You can make 24 of them in smaller cups. Cook time will vary.