This beautiful salad is a”little” fancy..but a “lot” easy (less cutting means more time to make the main entree!). Impress your guests with a drizzle of homemade blue cheese dressing and we are taking this salad to the next level of deliciousness! YUMMMmm.
(This would be a GREAT salad for Valentine’s Day for the Hubby…)
With Iceberg lettuce, I always take off the first layer of lettuce and throw it away.
Then, I cup the lettuce in one hand and “bang” the core on the side of the sink- this loosens the core.
Then, I simply dig out the core with my hand- it comes out easy. I take the rough/thick edges off around the side. Rinse!
Slice down the middle crossways to make 4 wedges. Top with bacon, shredded parmesan cheese, and fresh chives.
Now for the dressing! In a medium bowl combine mayo, sour cream, blue cheese, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
Whala….add some freshly cracked pepper . Ohhhhh, Ahhhhhh…..
Iceberg Lettuce Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 head of Iceberg Lettuce (quartered)
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon (appx 8 slices)
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese for sprinkling
- Chives (sliced green onions) for garnish
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Dressing: (Combine all)
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place each wedge on an individual plate. Add toppings and dressing.
(How to core Iceberg Lettuce)