This is an amazing recipe perfect for Valentine’s Day!!! One of my favorite restaurants serves this delicious dessert…Make it for guests, or half the recipe (like I did) and make for a more intimate gathering…Enjoy!
Eggs, butter, semi-sweet chocolate, flour, sugar
Place butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl
Microwave for 1 min and stir, then microwave an additional 20 seconds and stir until smooth.
Add flour with a whisk to the melted chocolate.
Beat eggs and sugar together until frothy and light yellow
Pour chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and beat until well combined
Pour mixture into buttered ramekins (or large muffin/cupcake tins)
Bake until edges are done and center is still molten
Put the kids in bed, start a fire, cuddle up on the couch with your Sweetheart and enjoy chocolate bliss!
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 2 4 oz Ghirardellli Semi-Sweet Chocolate baking bars
- 2 sticks of butter
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Butter 8 ramekins or a muffin tin
- In a microwave safe dish melt butter and chocolate together for 1 min, stir and microwave again for an additional 20 seconds, stir until smooth.
- Add flour with a whisk to the melted chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and sugar until well whipped and yellow.
- Combine the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Pour into ramekins and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 15 mins.
- Sides will be done and center will be molten.