The cashews add a sweet crunch to this savory meal…I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
let chicken marinate for 1/2 hour – I like to slice my chicken into angled slices for quick cooking.
A roux- a thickening agent…this is what makes the sauce have a “gravy like” texture.
Sliced carrots and snow peas
Stir fry chicken, then add veggies- then roux with remaining sauce ingredients.
Add sauce -let simmer until thickened, then add cashews.
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce,divided
- ½ chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 medium carrots sliced at an angle
- ¾ cup cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- Make marinade: Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, ½ cup broth and ½ teaspoon sesame oil; add the chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and ⅓ cup broth until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar, vinegar, ginger, salt, and remaining soy sauce and ¼ tsp sesame oil; set aside.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- In a large nonstick wok or skillet, stir-fry chicken in canola oil until done.
- In the same pan, stir-fry peas and carrots.
- Add sauce and bring to a boil
- Cook and stir until sauce thickens (this will not take long!).
- Add cashews.
- Serve with hot rice.