(Clare from Peak 313 shares her delicious bean dip! A “Comfy in my Jeans” recipe! )
Ohhh Ladies- I have been a privileged recipient of Clare’s deeeeeelicious bean dip! Let me tell you, this is a recipe to save! The best part for me is the avocados…yum! Once you take a bite, you can’t stop. Ask Courtney from Women Living Well– us girls had a party around this dip! hehe!
There’s no question about it. You will make this dip and people will ask for it again and again and again! It’s a little labor intensive, but SO worth it!
In a bowl, combine avocados and lime juice; let stand for 10 minutes.
In large bowl, combine the corn, beans, red pepper, onions, cilantro and garlic. (I got camera happy and snapped before cilantro went in. Oops!)
In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over corn mixture; toss to coat.Gently fold in the avocado mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hrs or until chilled. Serve with tortilla chips or in a pita.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Mix all together and enjoy with chips, on tortillas or on top of lettuce!