This delicious, dense, buttery pound cake is one of Paula Deen’s favorite family recipes. I’m always impressed when “sour cream” is in a dessert recipe…it makes breads like this so moist. You’re going to love this one.
This particular photo was another “meal ministry”- You may actually have all the ingredients just sitting around in your refrigerator already…so go ahead and make your neighbors morning tomorrow 😉 Serve with berries or slice and grill in a pan with butter. YUM!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cup sugar
- ½ lb (2 sticks) butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and cream the butter, sugar, and add the sour cream.
- Sift the baking soda and flour together.
- Add the sifted flour to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating each egg one at a time.
- Add the vanilla.
- pour the mixture into a greased and floured 10- inch tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.