These are incredibly easy, yet elegant treats to make for the holidays. If you are not a baker -these are perfect. If you are a baker- add them to your cookie tray for a chocolaty treat. You are going to love these melt-in-your mouth beauties!
I made these very truffles for my husband’s clients.
Featured on Women Living Well.
Place in small paper cups. I purchased these ones from Jo-Ann fabrics, they were “Martha Stewart” brand in teal and a beautiful red color. I used teal here to match the colors of our business for gift giving to clients.
This is one of the boxes I used to package the truffles and cookies in for our clients- The box was purchased at Marcs for 99 cents, the ornament was also purchased at Marcs (50 cents) toile was purchased at Jo-Anns -whala! Fancy yet affordable! I like those qualities! lol.
Marcs did not have enough of those beautiful boxes, so I bought some additional paper boxes at Jo-ann’s – I purchased some paper doilies to make the window look more like a snowflake and added toile and a some flare (that is probably for a wreath?) but it looked elegant and again…was affordable.
- ¾ cup heaving whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 6 Hershey’s milk chocolate candy bars (broken)
- 6 oz Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup processed almonds
- Tins and flare (optional)
- In a medium saucepan constantly stir cream and butter over medium high heat.
- Let simmer for 2 mins then take off of burner.
- Add vanilla, candy bars, and semisweet chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Place plastic wrap on top of chocolate’s surface and refrigerate 4 hours or over night.
- When chocolate has hardened roll by the teaspoon into small balls and roll into processed almonds.
- Place in small paper cups if desired.