Hi Ladies! It’s such a pleasure to introduce you to one of my new friends, Debbie from Deliciously Inspired. Sweet Debbie shares the same interests that I do…we love God, our families, others and enjoy sharing that love through cooking. Debbie is also a new grandparent!!! By her picture, I am still not convinced this is a true statement, you will see what I mean when you take a look ;)
Today, Debbie is sharing with us a Gluten-Free (or glutenous maximus if you choose regular flour) Orange Crustless Custard Pie. What a refreshing dessert for these dog days of summer…
Please take a moment and browse around her site…I’m certain you will love her just as much as I do! You can also like her on Facebook!
Thanks for sharing this delicious treat with us today Debbie!
Much love to you and those grand babies…..Anyone else a new grandma?????
- ¾ cup flour (you may use white rice flour for gluten-free)
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¾ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups almond milk, unsweetened or milk of your choice
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- Fruit Spread, your choice – I used an apricot
- Fresh Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Throw all ingredients in your blender (I use a Vitamix)
- Blend until well combined.
- Pour into a well greased standard 9-inch pie dish and bake for about 1 to 1-1/2 hour.
- Test the pie with a skewer.
- When it comes out clean it is done.
- If it starts to brown too much on the top – cover lightly with foil to continue baking without disturbing the pretty top.
- Cool completely
- When ready to serve, spread with fruit spread to create a glaze and place sliced strawberries on the side.
- Store in refrigerator.