I’ve gotten SO many requests to post this -it was an original given to Candace Cameron when we had Roomag. So, here it is ladies Enjoy!
This is one of the most beautiful salads you could ever prepare for such a time of year as this. Be as creative as you wish turning this winter berry salad into a beautiful Christmas wreath. The mix of textures along with the sweet and savory flavors make this salad as delicious as it is pretty. Your guests will be ranting and raving all evening. Enjoy!
In a round dish (generally used for chips and dip), add iceberg lettuce.
- 1 head of Iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 bunches grapes
- 1 apple (chopped)
- 1 Pear (chopped and sliced for decoration)
- 6 Strawberries (2 whole for decorating the rest chopped)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzaoa cheese
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp diced fresh onion
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (Grey Poupon is what I used)
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Place iceberg lettuce around a round plate.
- Top with mixed greens.
- On both sides of "wreath" make a decoration with spinach leaves, then add bunches of grapes to each side, fanned pears and whole strawberries. Be as creative as you wish.
- To the salad add chopped apples, pears, strawberries, blueberries, dried cranberries, cashews and crumbled gorgonzola cheese.
- For dressing:
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon (1/2 cup) and pour into food processor or blender.
- Add honey, onion, dijon mustard, poppy seeds, and olive oil. Pulse until well blended.
Dedicated to my husband Geoff Nehrenz~