Happy New Year everyone!
I just got home from having a delicious meal over at Mom’s with family and friends. The annual New Year’s Day pork and sauerkraut dinner is always a hit in my family. Everything was so delicious! Grandma Ruth came strong with her amazing Chocolate Pudding Delight that I thought to share with you!
Excuse the photo quality as I took these on my phone….
Thanks for another yummy recipe, Grandma! Love ya!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of finely minced walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of whipped topping
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages of instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups of whipped topping and crushed walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the flour, walnuts and butter, press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Mix together the two boxes of pudding with the 3 cups of milk until slightly thickened, spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining cup of whipped topping and crushed walnuts. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve!
- You can use Cool Whip or homemade whipping cream as desired. Grandma Ruth uses Cool Whip -so if ya have an issue with it, take it up with the boss....hahaha. Enjoy, sweet friends!!!!