My dear mother-in-law recently e-mailed me this delish recipe. Ohhhhh, my- WOW. These brownies are so moist and the browned butter in the icing gives it a “Bananas Foster” taste. You simply must make this recipe…it’s a keeper.
Start off with your butter, sour cream, sugar and eggs. Beat well.
Mash 4 very ripe bananas.
Add them to the mix with vanilla.
Add your flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Bake in a greased 9×13 pan in a 375 oven for 25 mins or until lightly browned.
While brownies are baking, make your icing by browning your butter in a pan like so…make sure you use medium heat and let it simmer until it’s lightly browned.
Pour butter in with 4 cups of powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Mix well. Pour over top of warm brownies.
This is serious.
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 mashed bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- Browned Butter Icing
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp milk
- Heat oven to 375
- Butter 9x13 pan
- Beat together sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs
- Mash bananas and add them into mixture with vanilla
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 25 mins or until lightly browned and done in the center
- To make the icing:
- Simmer butter in a sauce pan on medium heat until lightly browned
- Add butter to powdered sugar, vanilla and milk
- Mix well
- Pour over warm brownies
- Serve warm