What do to, what to do. We have too much candy in this house from trick or treat!
Tonight, we are having my father-in-law and my new mother-in-law over for dinner (they just got married this past week). While I was thinking about what I could make for dessert, I started wondering how I could incorporate some of this candy into whatever it was that I would make.
These blondie brownies seemed to fit the bill perfectly. So, if you too are wondering the same thing, whip up a batch of these delicious treats and you won’t be sorry. A delicious way to use up some of that candy!
In a large bowl, add butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla.
Bag em up.
And crush away.
Pour into a buttered 8×8 pan and bake at 350 for approximately 18 mins- do not over bake.
Let cook slightly before slicing.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Approximately 10 assorted candy bars, crushed
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Crush candy bars in a ziploc bag. Add this to the brownie mix.
- Butter an 8x8 dish.
- Bake in a 350 oven for approximately 18 mins.