My sweet daughter asked me to make this recipe tonight and I was so glad she did! These potato skins were excellent! A crispy outside, tender inside, filled with bubbly cheese and topped with bacon and chives. What is not to love?
I’m quite certain this little “Angle of Love” (that’s what I call her) has “checked out” this library book “Cookbook for Girls” a 100 times over the course of 3 years. I think it’s time we buy it. She just loves it!
Wash potatoes and pierce with a fork. Cover potatoes in oil. Bake for 1 hour in a 400 degrees oven.
We always grate our own cheese because it’s so much creamier! None of those additives that pre-shredded cheese have in them.
She loves her cookbook 🙂
When potatoes have baked for an hour, let them cool for about 10-15 mins. Slice in half and take out some of the innards. I actually leave a little more than most people would. Fill the skins with cheese and top with bacon. Bake in a 400 oven for an additional 10 mins until bubbling.
Top with scallions and serve with sour cream! Easy peasy.
- 6 large potatoes
- Oil (for coating)
- 16 oz cheddar cheese (or more to your liking)
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Scallions (garnish)
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- Sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Wash and pierce potatoes with a fork
- Place on wire drying sheet on top of a baking sheet in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool for 10-15 mins
- Slice in half and scoop out some of the innards (as much or little as you like)
- Fill with cheese and top with bacon
- Bake in 400 oven for an additional 10 mins until bubbly
- Garnish with scallions and serve with sour cream
- Enjoy! YUM!
Great job, princess!
*This post includes affiliate links to Amazon, in which this blogger gets compensation if a user should purchase any item off of the links within this page.