There is nothing more comforting on a cool day than to walk into a nice warm home and be welcomed with a cup of homemade hot cocoa. This is a special treat I make for my children and my neighbors. It is simple and can be kept warm in the Crockpot. This recipe combines cocoa with chocolate chips to make it extra chocolaty. I also add 1 container of cool whip to make it extra creamy.
|Milk, cocoa, chocolate chips, hot water, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and salt|
|In a med/large pot on the stove (med-high heat) pour in your hot water with sugar, cocoa powder, and salt-whisk well.|
|Add chocolate chips and whisk well until melted.|
|Add milk, vanilla, and cinnamon and whisk well.|
|Add an 8 oz container of cool whip- this makes it very creamy!!!|
|Transfer into a Crockpot on the lowest heat to keep warm.|
|When ready to serve, top with whipped cream or marshmallows. Ahhhhh….this is not your instant cocoa mix, my friends! This is a REAL treat….mmMMM….Enjoy!|
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ gallon milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 8 oz whipped cream
- *Extra whipped cream or marshmallows to garnish
- In a med/large pot on the stovetop (med/high heat) pour in hot water, sugar, cocoa powder and salt- whisk well.
- Add chocolate chips, whisk well until melted.
- Add milk and whisk again until well combined.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon then stir in whipped cream.
- Serve and garnish!
- If you are making this in advance (for example, going caroling-etc.) simply place in the Crockpot on low heat -it will be waiting for you when you come in from the cold!!!!
Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday,
Dining With Debbie ,
Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and
Tuesdays at the Table recipe exchanges.
I am also linked up to Raising Homemakers Weds. link up!
For more blogger recipes go to these links.