Sausage and gravy over biscuits is an all time favorite in our home. This recipe isn’t just delicious, it’s simple and quick to make as well! I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does.
|Biscuits, sausage, milk, flour, salt and pepper|
|Brown sausage on med-high heat, when it is cooked through add flour and turn heat down to low|
|The flour makes a paste on top of the sausage|
|Add milk and turn up heat to med-high again|
|Add salt and pepper and stir constantly until it thickens|
|Biscuits are ready!|
|Here you have it! MMMmmmm.|
Sausage Gravy over Biscuits
- 1 lb Bob Evan's Sausage (bulk roll)
- 1 (8 count) Container of Grand's Buttermilk Biscuits
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet on medium high heat and crumble with a spatula.
- When sausage is cooked through, turn down heat to low.
- Add flour and stir to make a paste on the sausage.
- Add milk, salt and pepper and stir
- Turn heat back to medium high and stir constantly until it thickens into a gravy. (about 5 mins)
P.S. Because I use “skim milk”..this recipe has no effect on my waistline (LOL)
I am participating with Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
@ Blessed with Grace
and Tasty Tuesday
@ Balancing Beauty and Bedlam,
my fellow Sister’s in Christ sites!