On my list of favorite things to eat, ever…. stands the good ole fashioned chocolate chip cookie. Who can resist these hot, buttery, gooey, chocolatey little dollops of goodness?! The only thing is…many of us don’t know how to make them just so! In fact, it took me years to figure out exactly what to do to make them crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, dense, buttery and fluffy! Some of my failed attempts had my cookies flat..burnt..too gooey…not buttery enough..and the list goes on. Learn from my mistakes and begin your cookie making journey with a winning recipe you will make over and over again!!!!
|Beat together 1 cup butter (2 refrigerated sticks put in the microwave for 20 seconds) , 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 box of vanilla instant pudding dry mix|
|Beat these ingredients well with a hand held mixer|
|Add 2 eggs (I was doubling this recipe that is why you see more than 2 eggs)|
|After the dough is made, place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour…this is an important step! Then, scoop in heaping Tbsps onto un-greased cookie sheet and bake in a 375 oven for 10-12 mins or until golden.|
|After the cookies are taken out of the oven, keep them on the cookie sheet for about 2 mins..they will continue to cook and will keep their shape better this way.|
|This guy is ready to be “spatulaed” onto a wire cooling rack. Now, grab yourself some milk and you are ready taste “The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie”! Mmmmmmmm….|
- 2½ c all-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt..set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugars, vanilla, and pudding mix. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place heaping Tbsps of batter onto un-greased cookie sheet and bake until golden appx 10-12 mins.
- Take out of oven and let sit 2 mins on cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack.