I love chicken. He loves chops. Do any of you have the same predicament in your family? They have to be some pretty good chops for me to want to eat them…lol.
The thing is, pork is a very tricky meat to prepare. Have any of you learned this the hard way as much as I have? If you over cook, you will end up chewing a very dry piece of meat while taking swigs of water to get it down. If you purchase the “wrong” cut, it will be flavorless. I have learned the art of making pork chops for my chop loving hubby over the 10 years we have been married and am pleased to share with you some secrets.
Here is one of Geoff’s favorite ways I make pork chops for him…
BIG tip: ALWAYS purchase fresh, bone-IN, center cut pork chops. Bone-in gives you more flavor -and yes, a little more fat, but this makes the pork chops juicy. You will not miss those boneless chops after you switch over…trust me.
I use my cheese grater on the 2nd smallest setting to grate fresh ginger.
You can place chops in a dish and pour marinade over top and flip during the day. Or you can put all of these ingredients in a large and sturdy ziploc bag. Marinate for 6-8 hours for best results. Grill on med-high heat for 6-8 mins per side until “almost” white. They will continue to cook after you take them off of the grill. Don’t over cook or they will be dry!
I sauteed some Vidalia onions to top it off. I served these with redskin mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.
Proof is on my hubby’s plate if you were wondering if this recipe was any good….lol.
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups Classic Coke
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp fresh ginger (purchase an actual ginger root in the lettuce section of the grocery store)
- 4-6 bone-in center-cut pork chops
- Whisk together soy sauce, coke, garlic and ginger.
- Combine pork chops and marinade in a covered dish or a large ziploc.
- Marinate 6-8 hours.
- Heat grill on med-high heat.
- Grill chops for appx 6-8 mins a side until just done. Do not over cook.
- Remember they will continue to cook when you take them off of the grill.
- Serve with sauteed sweet onions on top. Delicious.