Ladies, have you ever had these? They won’t win the award for “most beautiful presentation”, but WOWSA are these EVER GOOD!!! I made them the other day for a ladies bible study and my son asked “Ma, what on earth are you making!” I told him “Cracker Toffee- want to try some?!” He held a small piece with his hand and with a scrunched up nose and eyes tightly shut he hesitantly opened his mouth and took a bite. He opened his eyes- stared straight at me with the most serious look I have ever seen on an 8 year old and said with a monotone voice “I think that is the most delicious thing I have ever tasted.” We rolled! But, he may be right…sweet, savory, buttery, and salty all in one bite…I don’t know what can top that. Oh -and it’s easy. You know I like easy.
Bake at 350 for appx 10 -12 mins until the top appears “dry”. Cool until almost completely firm but flexible enough to tear into pieces.
I had to take this photo…don’t you just want to try a bite? Honestly- I could eat the entire pan of this stuff…it is that good. I could cry just typing up this blog post! haha.
Enjoy, sweet friends.
- 1 box Club Crackers (appx 40)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Karo corn syrup
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place crackers in a single layer on paper and set aside
- In a medium sized saucepan boil on med high heat your butter, brown sugar, syrup, and vanilla
- Cook and stir for approximately 2 mins
- Stir in pecans
- Spread evenly over crackers
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 mins until top appears "dry"
- Cool until able to separate but still flexible so it doesn't crack.
- Separate crackers and store in an airtight container