Lately I’ve been getting a lot of e-mails asking me about how to “cook with kids”…questions ranging from how old, to what recipes, to the mess that inherently happens. This simple, yet delicious recipe is a great one to try with little ones. Both adults and children alike will love the taste of it and it’s “comfy”. Besides, who doesn’t like melted and steaming Mozzarella cheese?
Place one container of Ricotta cheese in a mixing bowl and add garlic powder. Yes, you may use cottage cheese- mix with handheld mixer until smooth.
Shred mozzarella cheese.
Typically I would make Grandma Ruth’s Sauce, but today for simplicity I used this Aldi’s brand sauce- it’s very good!
Add sauce to the bottom of a 9×13.
Ok, little Miss Julia…time for your favorite part! Crack 2 eggs in a bowl and beat well.
After your spaghetti noodles are cooked al dente, drain and rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking. Then add the 2 eggs like so and toss to coat.
Layer noodles and ricotta cheese mixture on top…
Then add your mozzarella cheese and repeat…
Here’s the “mess”, but I like to call it “the creative process”…
- 1 box spaghetti noodles (serves 8)
- 1 container of Ricotta cheese
- 2 bricks of Mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 jars of spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Boil spaghetti noodles to al dente, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Crack two eggs and beat well then toss the egg mixture, coating the noodles.
- Place ricotta cheese in a mixing bowl and add garlic powder, mix well.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 with spaghetti sauce.
- Add ½ of your noodles.
- Dolup with ricotta cheese.
- Spinkle ½ mozzarella cheese over top.
- Add sauce and repeat layers ending with mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 mins until bubbling.