This recipe came from Taste of Home and I just had to share. These amazing little cookies are delicate and buttery on the outside and rich and creamy on the inside. They’re a great new addition to the standard Christmas cookie tray.
On a side note, my friends, family, and I have a huge love for Nutella… Let me show you the ways:
They’ll be eating Nutella pizza when she comes, heeee haw! A shout out to my beloved friends in ministry. Thanks for keeping me accountable, Clare….lol.
One of my son’s dearest buddies…He knows.
And my girl Mandy….she’s got the right idea!
Lol, I love this! My amazing friend Jinka loves Nutella…. BIG time.
So, with this….here’s the recipe 😉 Enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, mix hazelnuts and sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Transfer to a clean work surface.
- Knead gently until mixture forms a smooth dough, about 2 minutes (dough will be crumbly but will come together).
- Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to ⅛-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter.
- Place ¼ teaspoon Nutella in center. Fold dough partially in half, just enough to cover filling.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with hazelnut mixture.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.