This is my “go to” recipe for Cheesy Potatoes…it is easy, quick, and delicious! I bring this to family functions and make it for company all the time (leftovers are great too!)…Serve with dinner or along side brunch..it is a wonderful recipe to have on hand for the Holidays. Enjoy! ~Janelle
|2 bags of “Simply Potatoes” (shredded or cubed), cream of chicken soup, sour cream, butter, onion, shredded cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper|
|In a large bowl mix together potatoes, cheese, cream of chicken soup, chopped onion, sour cream, 1/2 stick of melted butter, salt and pepper.|
|In a greased 9×13 pan, spread out the potato mixture.|
|Melt 1 stick of butter in a small dish and add 2 cups of bread crumbs and mix well|
|Spread bread crumb mixture over top of potatoes. Bake in a 350 oven covered for 45 mins then uncover and bake an additional 15 or until bubbling with a lightly brown crust.|
- 2 bags of "Simply Potatoes" (these are sold by the eggs in your grocers refrigerator)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 16 oz sour cream
- ½ stick of butter melted
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bread Crumb Topping:
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 2 cups of plain bread crumbs (you can also use crushed cornflakes instead)
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients and place in a 9x13 pan.
- Mix butter and bread crumbs, sprinkle on top of potatoes.
- Cover and bake for 45 mins, uncover and bake an additional 15 mins until bubble and lightly browned.
I am participating in Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays @ At the Well, and Tasty Tuesdays @ Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. To see more recipe ideas, please visit these lovely ladies sites!