Hi Ladies! I get many sweet e-mails asking me what meals are best for meal ministries. I went through my files and chose the ones I make the most ! I hope this helps give you ideas. Please know that it just warms my heart that so many of you want to start your very own meal ministries! Even if you are simply sending cookies to a neighbor, you are sharing God’s love. You are such blessings- I adore all the photos you send me and stories you share!
This list is in no particular order and the number 13 was not my first choice, but it just worked out that way 😉
1. Lasagna can be taken in foil containers baked or not baked. This dish is easy to freeze. Make sure to add a bit more sauce so it doesn’t get dry.
3. Wedding soup is wonderful for a person who is sick, recovering a surgery, or just had a baby.
4. Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a treat to give someone!
5. Beef Stew is a delicious one pot meal to give to someone on a cold winter evening.
This is the same meal wrapped up. I added a pudding puff dessert to the side, made sure they had dressing and apple butter for their rolls. It is also a kind gesture to send throwaways so the person who you are cooking for does not have to return plates. If you must give them a plate, let them know to wash it and lay it out on their porch for you to pick up the next day.
7. I LOVE bringing quiche to get togethers and sending them home with people. Quiche makes a wonderful house warming gift.
8. Stuffed Peppers – I made these for my Mother-In-Law’s neighbors.
9. Crescent Chicken, a salad, green beans, mashed redskins, and corn. Along with…
10. Turkey Tacos! This was just a meal on the go given to a close friend who is a teacher. I had extra and they had dinner!
11. Calzones are super easy to make and travel well. Simply wrap them up in foil and away you go!
12. Chicken Enchiladas travel well and are Ohhh so tasty. (I would not recommend this for nursing mothers).
13. Pasta E Fagioli is a delicious soup that warms up well and is a meal in itself!
Keep cooking for the King Ladies! Wohoo!!!!